VPS-100 Vacuum pump for Seafrogs Housing working strangely.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hector1959

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
As long as I understand this vacuum system should be blinking green when vacuum is conserved and blinks red when it is lost, meaning leaking.
A few days ago, I left the VPS blinking green for a while and when I returned it was off, not red.
I thought it was possibly the battery. I took the battery out, measured with a multimeter. The battery was somewhat exhausted but not that much.
I changed the battery and it was Ok. A few days later I had the same problem. This time I noticed that if I try to turn the system ON it blinked red (as normal) but then went OFF inmediately. After a few hours it started working again but after a while (maybe 20 or 30 min) it turned OFF again. So I don't think it has to be with teh battery.
Note: I have never dived with it in the housing.

regards

I haven't dove with my housing yet but have tested the VPS-100 for a couple of hours. It did not turn off until I pressed the button. Seemed to be pretty solid. I don't intend to dive with it in place per Sea Frogs instructions.

Try changing the battery just in case? Clean the contacts? I routinely leave my VPS-100 turned on under vacuum overnight, and I've never had it turn off by itself.
First thing I did was changing the battery. After battery was changed I think it worked fine in first uses (but not sure because maybe I did not let it ON too much time). Saturday night I used it. It blinked green for less than 20 minutes and then OFF. It also curious that it does not blink red when I inmediately try to reset the system. It just "show" the red light once and the OFF again. After a while (not determined how long) it becomes functional again.
Regards

I' ll recheck tonight

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom