http://www.diveheart.org/

Vote to Support My Grade 6 Explorers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, my name is Joe Grabowski and I'm a grade 6 teacher in Guelph, Ontario. I'm an avid diver and have spent a lot of time this year introducing my students to the wonders of the underwater world. One way I do this is by inviting scientists, explorers and conservationists into my classroom through Skype. Check out our very impressive list of connections and upcoming connections here: Skype Classroom - Mr. G's Grade 6 Explorers

Some highlights include Fabien Cousteau, Celine Cousteau, Bryce Groark, Ocean Ramsey, Roz Savage, William Winram, Amanda Cotton, and Tom Campbell.

We've also made local and international news with our open letters to the Premier or Western Australia, speaking out against the shark cull. Some of the articles can be found here: Making Waves While Protecting Sharks - Mr. G's Grade 6 Explorers

In June, I have secured the funds to bring three marine biologists from the Bahamas to tour our school board. They will put on lessons in all 21 of our elementary and high schools. They're from an organization called Sharks4Kids and they have spent thousands of hours in the water researching and filming sharks. Here's their website: Welcome to Sharks 4 Kids! «

So, point of this post. We're entered in a voting contest to win grant money for technology for our school. I have a plan to bring this type of learning to the rest of my school, school board and to other classrooms around the world. Details for the plan are here: Inspiring Minds Contest - Mr. G's Grade 6 Explorers

You can read about the idea and follow the link at the top to register and vote. Voting can take place daily and we need to be in the top 25 to move onto the final round of voting. Linking your facebook and twitter can lead to 3 votes daily. If you support marine education for kids and realize that it is very much needed to help protect our oceans, please help us out by voting daily. We are very likely going to be in the top 25, so it is especially important to vote daily during the finals June 9th-16th.

Any questions, don't hesitate to email me: joe-grabowski@hotmail.com

Thanks so much for taking a look!

Joe
@GrabowskiScuba

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom