Vortex this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrfish87

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We are taking the kids for a camping trip this weekend to Vortex. I know a bunch of you guys do the camping thing regularly so any insight will be appreciated. Also if anybody is interrested in joining us let me know. If you are already going to be there also let me know. Paul, where you been.

My only advice, is to look into diving somewhere besides just Vortex while you are there. Morrison is right down the road, and doesn't cost $32 just to dive (it's still free). Put up a post in the North Florida section, and you might get some people to join you at Morrison, myself included.

I try to stick somewhat close to the entrance when possible, most of the drunken shinanigans will take place towards the back of the campground. I believe Paul is heading to Gulf Shores for a few beach dives this weekend? If thats not the case, I may be up for some springs.

mrfish87:
We are taking the kids for a camping trip this weekend to Vortex. I know a bunch of you guys do the camping thing regularly so any insight will be appreciated. Also if anybody is interrested in joining us let me know. If you are already going to be there also let me know. Paul, where you been.

As Mat said, I plan to be on a one-day excursion to Gulf Shores. However, I may need to do a freshwater dunk in the springs afterward. No telling at this point whether it will be Saturday or Sunday.

I'll be there all weekend. We have site 8 or 8a from what I understand. Give me call 504-427-2239 if ya'll are coming that way.

paulwall:
As Mat said, I plan to be on a one-day excursion to Gulf Shores. However, I may need to do a freshwater dunk in the springs afterward. No telling at this point whether it will be Saturday or Sunday.

hey paul, warn me if you decide to head this way. we can do a dive together

1FishWonder:
hey paul, warn me if you decide to head this way. we can do a dive together

Will do. this may turn into an overnighter, if I have to go another 100 miles east.

MrFish87:
I'll be there all weekend. We have site 8 or 8a from what I understand. Give me call 504-427-2239 if ya'll are coming that way.

Will do. I would likely prefer Morrison to Vortex, however. It depends on how early (or late) in the day I get there.

BTW, I read of your exploits after the storm. Thanks for all you did.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom