Vortex Springs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bamamedic

Contributor
Reaction score
Somewhere between "hold my beer and watch this!" a
# of dives
200 - 499
I read somewhere that Vortex has recently changed management...was wondering if anyone has stayed there recently? Has anything changed, as far as the rules and whatnot? Do they still allow diving beyond the gate with a full cave card?

I read somewhere that Vortex has recently changed management...was wondering if anyone has stayed there recently? Has anything changed, as far as the rules and whatnot? Do they still allow diving beyond the gate with a full cave card?

I was there a few weeks ago and everything seemed about the same....no drinking.
I'm not a caver yet but I'm pretty sure with full cave you can get the key for the gate.

There is no change in Vortex policy. Just some new faces.

I was there a few weeks ago and everything seemed about the same....no drinking.
I'm not a caver yet but I'm pretty sure with full cave you can get the key for the gate.

There is no change in Vortex policy. Just some new faces.

I thought you could drink at Vortex, but just not walk around openly drunk or have kegs. (I think they got rid of kegs because of problems more with the locals than divers).

I mean if you weren't causing anyone problems by having a nice cold adult beverage, they wouldn't cause you problems.

or are they actively enforcing a "no beer, etc" policy now in the cabins/campground?

Well, it's not like it's hard to pour the vodka in a water bottle :D

I thought you could drink at Vortex, but just not walk around openly drunk or have kegs. (I think they got rid of kegs because of problems more with the locals than divers).

I mean if you weren't causing anyone problems by having a nice cold adult beverage, they wouldn't cause you problems.

or are they actively enforcing a "no beer, etc" policy now in the cabins/campground?

They tell you that when you book a room or a campsite but I have seen people drinking. I'm sure that is directed to the loud sloppy drunks not the diver having a beer after his or her last dive of the day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom