Volunteering on the Annapolis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roko

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I spent a day helping out on the Annapolis this weekend.. Some dirty work, but it was really cool to see the ship and what goes into making an artificial reef! I wish I'd started volunteering sooner.

I've put up a quick blurb, and about 50-60 photos taken in and around the ship on my blog, at:

Volunteer Day on the Annapolis | dive.roko.ca

It'll be interesting to compare and contrast the ship over the years as life begins to take hold once she's been sunk.

Thanx for putting that blurb up. I spent the weekend of Apr30-May1 working in the boiler room taking out greasy "lazy rod" gear boxes and I don't think I have ever been so dirty in my life nor so satisfied. It was fun and I was so glad I could help out. From the photos I see that a huge amount of work was done in the last month and the ship looks a lot more ready than when I saw it. I understand the inspection is on June 6th....here's hoping that goes well so the rest of the process can take place.

Back
Top Bottom