Volaris flight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matthewjen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
we have been to the island many times, and are not rookies to Cozumel travel by any means. We were just informed last night of major changes with our upcoming American flights both arriving and departure. our route was Sacramento-Dallas-Cozumel. we have decided to cancel and try something new with a different airline. we booked with Volaris thru Mexico city. Has anyone else flown Volaris from Mexico City. the times were great for our schedule and the price was most affordable. hoping that we made a good choice, and now have a new route and airline in.

I haven’t flown Volaris but I have connected through Mexico City. My advice is to allow at least a three hour layover because you will arrive into the international terminal, have to clear customs and then take the train to the national terminal. Mexico City airport is the largest in America. We missed our flight returning from La Paz to Houston via Mexico City with only a two hour layover and had an unexpected hotel stay and extended trip.

Good luck.

I haven’t flown Volaris but I have connected through Mexico City. My advice is to allow at least a three hour layover because you will arrive into the international terminal, have to clear customs and then take the train to the national terminal. Mexico City airport is the largest in America. We missed our flight returning from La Paz to Houston via Mexico City with only a two hour layover and had an unexpected hotel stay and extended trip.

Good luck.
Now my question is, if I have already been thru customs/immigration in Mexico city. What happens when we land in Cozumel? do we bypass that line?

Now my question is, if I have already been thru customs/immigration in Mexico city. What happens when we land in Cozumel? do we bypass that line?
Yep, sure. You're local traffic after Mexico City.

Going back thru Mexico City, you'll be local traffic until the flight to the US. sorta. I guess you'll have to show your Covid tests, passports, and tourist cards when you leave Cozumel, but have all that handy again on your connection.

Yes. I guess what you will do is go all the way to the far wall when you go into the CZM airport, turn right, and go through the same gap on the left side of the kiosks that you normally go through after you clear immigration. I'm sure you'll have to show your stamped passport and tourist card to someone.

Howdy, fellow Californian! The times from our area to CZM are pretty bad, eh? I have access to more airports than you, based on where I am, and there's nothing good. Just a couple things to add, as someone who hasn't flown Volaris but has researched them. One, their legroom is 28" of pitch, when 31" is typical. Even with newer slimline seats, that is going to be extremely tight for a taller person. Second, most of their flights are overnight to save costs. So you might have good times now, but if it gets canceled you're probably going on a redeye. The price is definitely very attractive, though. Hope it all works out!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom