Voit MR12 rebuild a success!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Lawyer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Finished my first MR12 rebuild. Not exactly vintage but still early 70's retro-cool. Came out all shiny and cool looking. I like shiny.

IP locked up instantly at 130 psi and cracking pressure was .9" to 1" ish so all good. Breathes amazingly. Thought I'd share.

H2bHBK.jpg

IXW4Is.jpg

Q1Nm6j.jpg

eevUYu.jpg

@Sam Miller III

Very nice.

I like that regulator.

I really like seeing older stuff restored. Looks brand new, fantastic job.

Was the external condition already nice before rebuilding or did you have the chrome re-finished? It looks great.

Was the external condition already nice before rebuilding or did you have the chrome re-finished? It looks great.

Thanks to everyone for all the positive comments. The chrome was in good shape to start but I ran all hard parts through the ultrasonic cleaner bath (using 20% CLR and 80% water) several times and then polished with a buffing tool on my Dremel.

@Scuba Lawyer
Hombre
Ya did well
Appears to be factory fresh
I am impressed !

During your last visit --Did I share with you my MR12 ?
Still in its original display box - original tags
Gotta put that one up on e bay soon
Any offers ? PM me

As i recall the fuzzy distant past I recall the MR12 was a concept or design when Fred Roberts was with Voit
When he departed for aerospace I think Bill Oliver might have completed the design.

SDM

@Sam Miller III

Hi Sam,

I somehow missed seeing your MR12. I do recall sitting at your kitchen table on my last visit debating some esoteric point in Robert's 1st Edition of Basic Scuba. I'll have to dig out the photo your lovely wife took of us. I promise to stop in for yet another stay at Casa Miller once all this pandemic stuff has passed. I could spend many more days in your dive locker in awe of all the cool stuff! Plus Betty's cooking is reason enough to stay a while!

Stay safe,

Your old dive buddy,

Mark

My first regulator I owned in 1970.

I loved the compactness and simplicity of it!

Took my boat out yesterday to test out the MR12 rebuild. Visibility was lousy and I couldn't find my fishing license. Ended up taking my GoPro instead of my speargun. Hadn't taken any video in a year or so but it was kind of fun getting reacquainted with the set up.

Now, I tend to pride myself with having everything all streamlined and looking proper underwater. However, on this dive I was having trouble with my mask leaking. See if you can tell why? Note: the red thingy is my mask lanyard. I had no idea it was positioned all wonky until I got home and reviewed the video. Oh well, no one's perfect. Mark

P.S. The MR12 was an amazing breather!

Entire video is 1min, 23 sec.

[vimeo]
ZH8DZR.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom