Voit Conqueror regulator...Worth anything?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

imdebo96

New
Reaction score
Hello All.

Was referred to this site and can see that there are many knowledgable people here. I am trying to rid of some older scuba equipment that my father has and ran across this Voit regulator in one of his bags. I don't know much about them and wasn't able to find a whole lot of info about it online. I am mainly trying to see if there is any value to them or desire from the Scuba community. The picture below is what it looks like (image is not actually my reg.).

Is anyone familar with these or know if they are worth holding onto? Thank you in advance.

Voit.jpg

Welcome to the board.
Voit single hose regs for the most part don't have the value of their double hose kin but they do have greater value that most other single hose regs. There is some collector value, depending on the day and phase of the moon- darned if I can figure out any other reason- the value can vary greatly but on average the ebay value of them is in the $15 to $30 range depending on condition. In any case, please don't trash them, plenty of us would love to keep the old regs alive and diving.

This reg is a Voit model of the USD Calypso second stage with a simple diaphragm single stage that was used on the USD Aqua-Matic models. The reg is just repackaged with a Voit front cover. The Calypso originally came with one of the 1st balanced first stages that Hines Keller used for a very deep simulated dive. The Voit model of the Calypso is one of the more collectable single hoses, but as Herman states not as desired as a Voit double hose of the same time period. Your model has some value, again, what someone will pay. As for dive ability, If you mate it to a better 1st stage it can be really nice. BUT, the diaphragm has the exhaust valve in its center and could be problematic in replacement if needed. I believe some had made a copy of one using a modern USD silicone diaphragm. The seat on the second stage can be replaced with a new one, or just turn it over. BUT be careful removing the seat holder so that you do not snap it when taking off the holding nut. Replacements are difficult at best to find. Value can best be determined by searching eBay as they come up occasionally. Also, try contacting some Voit lovers on VDH who might be more informative. To many, Voit has a great name, to others, VOIT, smoit.:D

That model is hard to find complete. I have seen many second stages. The first stage is hard to find.The fist stage looks the a lot like some other Voit or U.S.D first stages. But it is different. If it's in good shape I wouldn,t let it go for less than $50. I have seen them go for more. But that was better times. Good luck.

Last edited:
It appears that the Voit Conqueror was cataloged from 1962-1964 in the configuration that yours has. When it appeared the Voit 40 Fathom changed to the balanced 1st stage like the USD Calypso. The Conqueror's first stage looks a lot like the 1st stage that many of the early 1960s USD used. It was based on the DA Aquamaster 1st stage and therefore the parts for it are readily available via VDH. The 1st stage was unbalanced. In 1965 the Conqueror's 1st stage changed appearance. With this information, your regulator is 1962-1964 and as Mike says it could be reasonably rare. Your regulator could definitely be a diver or at least a nice collectable for a Voit or early single hose person.:yuck:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom