Voices of Tigger and Piglet - Rest In Peace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlndavid

私は寿司およびアジア女性を食べるã
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This might be hard for those who are younger to understand...
John Fiedler, a stage actor who won fame as the voice of Piglet in Walt Disney's Winnie-the-Pooh films, died Saturday...

Paul Winchell, the longtime voice of Tigger in "Winnie the Pooh" features, and also a versatile ventriloquist, died Friday...
...but before cable, when cartoons were lame-choppy efforts on a Saturday afternoon or beloved legacy 'toons' from the 40's and 50's... everybody could name every character in ALL of the cartoons. Amongst the blizzard available today you might know some... but none are universally known and loved.

In fact everyone knew the voices so well that if the Saturday cereal pushers did a re-make we could tell as quickly as you would notice the voice-over of a Jackie Chan film.

Tigger and Piglet were beloved... they will be missed.

Us Baby Boomers will also remember Paul Winchell as the voice of his puppet friend Jerry Mahoney. And John Fiedler had a recurring role in the Bob Newhart Show in the mid-to-late 1970s and early 1980s. We shall miss them both.

First Christopher Robbin, now Tigger and Piglet. My youth is slipping away...

That's so bad, I have fond memories of watching Winnie the Pooh and the antics of TIgger when I was younger. It was one of my favorite Disney cartoons.

The name "John Fiedler" meant nothing to me since he was "just one of those character actors." Well, I used Google to find pictures of him... Ah, THAT guy. Am I really getting old???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom