Vista hiding file

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cummings66

Contributor
Reaction score
OK, oceanlog and Vista work, but my computer is getting flaky and I want to copy my mpc.dlg file out of the log directory. I can open it from within Oceanlog and in fact it shows other logs there as well, but Vista shows only two of them. I have not got hiding enabled in the view, and I even told Vista to allow me to see protected OS files, but still I can't access the file from Vista.

I want to back it up, but I can't see the backup files either so I'm kind of stuck. How do I access these hidden files, I know what directory they're in but they're not visable to anything other than oceanlog. I even did a full search of the computer for them and it couldn't find them either, I'm out of ideas.

I really need to copy the mpc.dlg file to another drive before this computer dies for good.

Hi Matthew,

Choose yes to backup, when dialog opens change the path to your document folder.
If you have not changed the name then you should find mpc.bak in your documents folder.
change the extention from bak to dlg.

To check it has worked
in OceanLog go to log book / open log and direct it to the new file in your documents folder.

Once you have opened this file in oceanlog it should always use it untill you tell it otherwize.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom