Visiting Maine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crcobb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I are going to be in the Bath, Maine area for a week at the beginning of July and wondering what opportunities there are for diving. My preference would be to do boat dives and to have a local guide since diving with large tides would be new to both of us.

Hi. There are two places that come to mind that are great dives. Rachael Carson which is up just past bath, and Nubble light that is down south in York. Both are definitely high tide dives, but great dives. There is a guide I'd recommend if you are interested, just pm me.

As far as boat dives there are not a lot of options unless you know someone with a boat.

Sea Ventures charters out of St. George runs excellent trips to Monhegan Island but you have to charter the whole boat unless he has a dive trip already planned with space for 2 more. It’s worth giving him a call as the diving off Monhegan is as good as Maine diving gets.

The two sites mentioned in the previous post are also great shore dives. Depending how far you want to drive and what you would like to experience I can recomend many more options also! Feel free to PM me for details.

Sea Ventures is a great operation. Dave and Matt Sinclair run a great boat, they are also excellent divers themselves.

Back
Top Bottom