Visiting England In December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marvel

Just me
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello all!

My daughter & I will be taking a mini tour of England in December/January of this year to celebrate her college graduation. Although I definitely won't be doing any diving, it would be great to meet some fellow ScubaBoarders if I could. We're arriving on the morning of December 28th & heading out into the countryside before winding up in London on NYE. We'll be flying back on the 5th. Here's our route, should any of y'all happen to be along the way:

12/28: Bath
12/29: Warwick, Kennilworth area
12/30: Cambridge
12/31: Hastings, Canterbury- onward to London in the evening

My daughter's actually planned & posted our itinerary on line HERE. Any tips, tricks & insight welcome... :fruit:

Marvel:
.........My daughter's actually planned & posted our itinerary on line .......:
i bet $10 that by the end of the trip you will be calling it "NABC" tour :rofl3:

Marvel:
.........Any tips, tricks & insight welcome... :fruit:

i will be COLD!!! but congrats on your daughter graduating..... no quick trip to Paris???

Marvel:
Hello all!

My daughter & I will be taking a mini tour of England in December/January of this year to celebrate her college graduation. Although I definitely won't be doing any diving, it would be great to meet some fellow ScubaBoarders if I could. We're arriving on the morning of December 28th & heading out into the countryside before winding up in London on NYE. We'll be flying back on the 5th. Here's our route, should any of y'all happen to be along the way:

12/28: Bath
12/29: Warwick, Kennilworth area
12/30: Cambridge
12/31: Hastings, Canterbury- onward to London in the evening

My daughter's actually planned & posted our itinerary on line HERE. Any tips, tricks & insight welcome... :fruit:

Why not go to Yorkshire divers, I am sure you will meet up with divers from that board.
http://www.yorkshire-divers.com/forums/

almitywife:
i bet $10 that by the end of the trip you will be calling it "NABC" tour :rofl3:

i will be COLD!!! but congrats on your daughter graduating..... no quick trip to Paris???

I freely admit, MrsA... I have NO clue what NABC stands for. The question becomes- do I really WANT to??? :11:

Marvel:
I freely admit, MrsA... I have NO clue what NABC stands for. The question becomes- do I really WANT to??? :11:
NABC tour = not another bloody castle tour :D

day 1 youre all excited but at some point its just another bloody castle

the roman baths would be great to see...... hopefully it wont snow until after the first week of January

and what about Harolds???? just for a hot choc and scones with jam and cream would be my thing!

almitywife:
NABC tour = not another bloody castle tour :D

day 1 youre all excited but at some point its just another bloody castle

the roman baths would be great to see...... hopefully it wont snow until after the first week of January

and what about Harolds???? just for a hot choc and scones with jam and cream would be my thing!

Ah! Well, I have to admit we're both British history freaks. We actually had to cut out a lot of castles. Sadly, I won't be seeing Middleham, York or Bosworth Field this trip (Richard III). No forays into Wales to visit Llewellyn's country either. Come to think of it, nowhere near Runnymede. :shakehead:

It's going to be cold, I know but it is the only time that we can do the trip together. Thank goodness for my heavy winter coat left over from when I lived up north- I'll need it & thermals to make it. Herrod's is scheduled for my birthday & my daughter WILL be treating me to scones with jam & cream, trust me. :wink: Of course, I bought the tickets to Wicked for that night...

FYI: It's Harrods, not Harold's or Herrod's....LOL
(one of my favourite places in London, btw)

The Roman Baths are fascinating, and Bath Abbey is absolutely GORGEOUS lit up at night!

I've been over to England six times, so if I can help you out any (from a Yank's POV), PM me. :)

You seem to have quite a bit packed into that schedule !! How are you travelling about ? Car ?

No St. Paul's Cathedral ??? Or the 'London Eye' ?? Or Camden Market ?

There is one thing that sticks out on that list - Marks & Sparks !! I can understand people wanting to go visit Harrods, but why M&S ?

Bubble Junky:
You seem to have quite a bit packed into that schedule !! How are you travelling about ? Car ?

No St. Paul's Cathedral ??? Or the 'London Eye' ?? Or Camden Market ?

There is one thing that sticks out on that list - Marks & Sparks !! I can understand people wanting to go visit Harrods, but why M&S ?

Car around the countryside, tube/bus in London. As to M&S, I have NO earthly idea- that's my daughter's pick. I won't set foot on a ferris wheel but I did forget St Paul's. What's Camden Market?

ScubaTexan:
FYI: It's Harrods, not Harold's or Herrod's....LOL
(one of my favourite places in London, btw)

The Roman Baths are fascinating, and Bath Abbey is absolutely GORGEOUS lit up at night!

I've been over to England six times, so if I can help you out any (from a Yank's POV), PM me. :)

Oops! I know that.... :11:

Back
Top Bottom