Visit to Houston in August - FGB & what else?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve been to Flower Garden Banks about 6 times in 13 years of diving. About half of the trips got cancelled due to weather. No biggy for me because I live 20 minutes away from the dock :)

On the brighter side, August is supposedly the best weather of the year in the Gulf of Mexico, assuming hurricane is not looming in the forecast. Last year the seas around late July - early August were flat.

4728C919-C7B3-4592-9E46-C1F752C7CF65.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve been to Flower Garden Banks about 6 times in 13 years of diving. About half of the trips got cancelled due to weather. No biggy for me because I live 20 minutes away from the dock :)

On the brighter side, August is supposedly the best weather of the year in the Gulf of Mexico, assuming hurricane is not looming in the forecast. Last year the seas around late July - early August were flat.

View attachment 464444

Glad to hear that about August, just need "Big Money, No Whammies" in regards to the hurricanes, because I'm booked! Set to go all four days - 9, 10, 11, & 12th.

Watching that video, I'm not sure what I'm more excited for...my trip to Cozumel and Playa del Carmen for 7 days off reef and cenote diving or this trip. I am guessing the coral spawning trip is booked solid by now, but I wish my work training in Houston was a week earlier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom