Visayas... Where to go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kingborris

Registered
Reaction score
Morning and happy new year to all.

I'm off to the Philippines for three weeks in March / April 2007. The first week will be on Luzon, eg Manila, Baguio etc.

For the other two weeks, we will be heading down to the Visayas (probably flying to Cebu). From there things are pretty much open. I'm after a few suggestions of good diving areas, but which also offer something for the non-diver (my other half isnt a diver, but doesnt mind snorkeling a bit). We probably wont be up for too much travelling around, so maybe 2-3 locations would be good.

TIA

KB

hi boris!

sounds like a fun trip! if you've got a non-diver with you i think splitting your 2 weeks between cebu and bohol would be good - with more weight in bohol

cebu has pretty good diving but bohol (if i read the reviews here properly) is waaay better... cebu is like Manila Lite so it's got all the perks of a modern metropolis, it's also 2 hours by ferry away from bohol where this is fantastic diving and other great stuff to do on the surface (tours and such)

hope this helps!

the rest of the guys who've done bohol/ cebu will be chiming in soon

Jag

Many thanks Jag. Ive been through a fair few of the old posts here and I'm building up a decent picture of some of the areas. I'm now thinking perhaps splitting the two weeks between malapascua and panglao / cabilao, with as you suggest, a greater emphasis on the Bohol locations. From what ive read, there isnt much snorkeling around malapascua, so keeping my partner entertained while i'm diving might be an issue for an extended period.

Any thoughts on Negros / Apo Island?

I wish I would be home then. WE HAVE SOME GORGEOUS DIVING......WITH NO DIVERS ANYWHERE!! WooHoo...can't wait to use the scooter.

Apart from the women, Cebu is a cesspool. Get on that ferry and FLY (via Supercat or Oceanjet) to Tagbilaran. Alona Beach has plenty of massages and lazy beach lazing to keep the non diver happy. And the divers will be happy exploring the world class walls on Balicasag.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom