Virus from Scubaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kempster1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Got an email from scubaboard this afternoon that had a virus.
It was an email notifying me of an update to a thread I has posted in.

The original message contained a virus. The virus has been cleaned. You may want to notify the sender of the virus.

Peter

Please forward any such emails to abuse@ScubaBoard.com. Our servers are protected and i just checked them again and they were clean.

When you get a virus alert on an e-mail message you can check its origin by right clicking on the message title and choosing properties or options. Look at the message trailer and the return-path: address is usually who originated the message. A valid return-path:support@scubaboard.com looks good but any other address would be a product of spoofing. The message looks like it came from Scubaboard but it didn't

Most likely the message that you received was spoofed. Someone who has you on their address list is likely infected.

Return-Path: <support@scubaboard.com>
Auto-Submitted: auto-generated
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 00:03:11 -0400 (EDT)
Message-ID: <200609270407.76602d733636@www.scubaboard.com>
Received: by sb02.smbdata.net (Postfix, from userid 48) id CA8A5D00016; Wed, 27 Sep 2006 00:03:11 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: "Melbourne in December" update
To:
X-AV-Scanner: Virus SOPHOS_SAVI_FILE_TIMEOUT Detected
X-Mailer: vBulletin Mail via PHP
X-Priority: 3

The original message contained a virus. The virus has been cleaned. You may want to notify the sender of the virus.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom