virgin dive with new toys!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nivla80

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
YES! Finally took my beloved BP/W for it's virgin dive... Also the virgin dive for a long hose setup.. All I can say is, I am AMAZED...

Firstly, the minimalist design of the BP/W makes me SOOO MUCH more streamlined in the water. No bulky and cumbersome material to worry about. Also, the stability is unsurpassed. The entire setup feels bolted to my back, and tank movement was minimal, if not entirely eliminated!

The long hose setup was awesome too. During my dive today, i practised an OOA scenario with a buddy. I was the first to go OOA, and yeap, he yanked his octo from the golden triangle and handed it to me. HOWEVER, i had to stay like 2 inches away from him, and during our accent, almost had the octo yanked out of my mouth 3 or 4 times.... When it was my turn.. HOHOHOHO... Passed him my primary, bit down on bungied octo and started up. nice comfy distance, no hose strain, and it was all PERFECT! Right after the dive, my dear friend stopped by the dive shop to grab a 7 ft and 22 inch hose..... Nuff said..

All in all, it was a wonderful experience to enjoy much better trim and a more comfortable (safer?) air share situation with my new reg setup..

Just wanna say thank you to the people out there for offering the invaluable suggestions and tips for helping me become a better and safer diver!

Woot! Sounds great. I don't have my long hose yet, next pay check I will but, isn't the BP/W awesome? I'll post my lil pool dive later today.

Congratz on the purchase and successful setup.

Michael

Thanks, I appreciate it. Hoping to get a good deal on a complete singles long hose rig. Going to go with the 7' setup.

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom