VIP Inspectors: Identifiable vs Identified

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm glad that I have 8 sets of 3L tanks for my rebreathers, lots of stages and my own mixed gas fillstation. I am not in a position that I'll ever have to depend on anyone else to either fill or screw up the fill in my tanks.

Michael

I hope you do realize that having your own personal fill station is not an option for a lot of people?

Storage unit?
Curious:
Would that really be an option if cost is considered (including the non - diving months?
Never used one, would one have the electrical power to run a compressor w/o hazzle there?
Or could one run a gas powered one there? Even if it‘s not a storage storage unit way out in farm country, but one right in the city (if not very nearby, what‘s the point)?

when I had my NEW compressor rebuilt by jordair(long story why I didn't do it myself ) I had a few discussion's with the rebuild head guy ....he said the kiss of death for any compressor is NOT using it , I run mine every 30 days weather I need to or not ...and I don't run a nitrox stick for all the reasons he aluminated me too .(yes I thought he was just trying to sell me a nitrox compressor ) I believed in continuous blending on an oil compressor ........... I don't now

I’m not mechanically inclined. Me owning a compressor is enough to make a cat laugh. :rofl3:

when I had my NEW compressor rebuilt by jordair(long story why I didn't do it myself ) I had a few discussion's with the rebuild head guy ....he said the kiss of death for any compressor is NOT using it , I run mine every 30 days weather I need to or not ...and I don't run a nitrox stick for all the reasons he aluminated me too .(yes I thought he was just trying to sell me a nitrox compressor ) I believed in continuous blending on an oil compressor ........... I don't now

What were all the reasons not to use a stick?

What were all the reasons not to use a stick?
I do not know what abnfrog was told but if you think about it a little oil blow-by coupled with a high O2 content and you basically have a supercharged diesel engine, not something the average compressor is designed to be. I have talked with one dive shop that blew up their compressor and have heard of a couple of others but no direct information on them.A lot of people do it successfully without an issue so I guess you make your choice and take your chances if you do. I use a Rix and even that is not approved for CB although a lot of us do so without any problems that I have heard about.

My compressor guy is adamant that you have a 4 stage compressor for stick blending to keep heat down. I think most recommendations not to use a stick including the one I gave are overblown.

Back
Top Bottom