Violent Attack at Ocean Frontiers - Dive Shop Employee Injured

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This isn't the kind of thing you usually read about in Cayman, I hope that the employee recovers soon.

Woman stabbed repeatedly at dive shop | Cayman Compass
That's crazy - we will be there in a month. Tragic and sensless violence - I hope all those injured recover fully (physically and emotionally).

I hope the perp, on the other hand rots in jail - or maybe this is a good time to bring shark feeding back to East End...

I have a message for Mr. Solomon, but the board rules, quite rightly, prohibit me from providing them on the forum.

Prayers for the young lady that she may recover, both physically and mentally.

The accused Jaron Solomon was in court last Friday (July 28, 2017) and pled not guilty on an entirely unrelated matter - threatening to kill six police officers and resisting arrest among the highlights. He is facing charges along with his brother, who was apparently not involved at all with the dive shop assault. The article I read does not make it clear which brother is facing charges of smashing out the window of a police car sometime in the process of being arrested and taken in for booking during the February arrest that led to these charges.

So Mr Solomon will have at least this one other trial before a trial on the dive shop assault.

Today, May 28,2018 Jaron Solomon, the accused in this dive shop attack, pled guilty to a reduced charge of Assault GBH (Grevious Bodily Harm) in a last minute plea avoiding a trial on an attempted murder charge.

Today, May 28,2018 Jaron Solomon, the accused in this dive shop attack, pled guilty to a reduced charge of Assault GBH (Grevious Bodily Harm) in a last minute plea avoiding a trial on an attempted murder charge.

From attempted murder to assault is quite a reduction in charges; I hope that he gets a stiff sentence!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom