Vintage ship docks and anchorages... looking for a metal detecting wing mates?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jay Whitehair

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I love all things shippee but shouldn't be diving alone as much as I do - so I am looking for a couple of buddies that have a bent for scuba metal detecting to bang around with this summer . Steamship docks in New England, New Bedford anchorages, Wiscassett and Bath Maine all come to mind as exciting places to check out. I have found that by using vintage maps/charts (which are all over the internet) and comparing them with modern satellite imagery you can settle in spots with decent accuracy. Last summer I frequented old rope ferry crossings on the Connecticut river and had a blast digging around. I am planning on actively watching for centered high pressure systems that will ease life on the water - and keep my 20' boat bottom paint down. I favor shallower dives to maximize bottom time. All things SCUBA metal detecting please reach out to me!

Sail on!

Jay
Norwich, VT
sailoffshore@comast.net

Jay, I just sent you an email. I would be interested in hitting some spots!

Hi Jay, How did last summer go for underwater metal detecting? This summer lookpossible?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom