Vintage Scuba wedding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Turtleguy9

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Aloha All
Well, we finally did it. Justleesa and myself got married. We did it our way, underwater at our favorite reef, Turtle Canyon, right here off Waikiki. We had 18 of our friends on a nice shallow 40 foot, with all of our favorite Turtles in attendance.
We had to do the dive shallow so the newbies, could attend.
We both used original Voit Trieste double hose regulators from the 1960's. We feel weddings are about who you are, Vintage Scuba fits us to a TEE.
Check out our album

We followed our vintage wedidng with a private cruise off Waikiki. I am so glad the Whales decided to attend.
Married, its hard to believe.
We did it our way.
Turtleguy

and it was wonderful having you with us!

Thanks again for everything Alcina!

Congratulations to you both. No one claimed it was invalid because you got narked right? :wink:

nope, not a chance....:D..as you see in the pictures we had to cut out a heart, that was drawn on a sheet, to swim thru - we did it too exact to claim that we were narked :wink:

Congradulations !

But I do have regulator envy.

Thank you for sharing your wedding day with all of us . You are beautiful!! Love the retro equipment!! May your love you share last forever and DIVE ON!!

Congrats! I wish could have been there. Thank you for sharing the your special day, and fantastic pictures!

jamiep3:
Congradulations !

But I do have regulator envy.

Thanks Jamiep3!

The story behind Turtleguys reg (triest II) goes like this:

I was trying to find a nice Christmas gift for him and couldn't come up with anything "special". Then in September during our shark adventure he proposed ( yes, I do like to plan my gifts ahead - way ahead :eyebrow: ) and we planned to have a vintage wedding. That's how I got the idea to give him a new reg for Christmas to use for our wedding.

Turtleguy is an avid Ebayer and if I had bid on anything he would have known. So I had to be tricky and I asked a friend to help me. I started asking TG more questions about what items he was looking at on ebay and what interested him most....then my friend bid for me...The reg was sent to my helper, he repairs and restores twin hoses for a living, where he had time to do his magic on it and come Cristmas we had one very surprised Turtleguy at our house. He purchased the grey hoses (mine already had grey hoses) and added an original Voit mouth piece

Thank you 500 PSI & Natasha, it was a special day indeed...wish you all could have been there with us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom