Vintage reg repair inquiry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

prandyulo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm a balikdiver (25 years interegnum) while having invested in new gear am now challenged to use my old gear just for the pure fun of it. One of these is a Tekna 2100 reg which needs maintenance. Would anyone know of someone who can look into this & possible parts within the country? I tried outside and was able to procure a manual but no luck on parts.

Tekna went under almost 30 years ago.

Thanks, Pakman! I found the thread and sent a PM to the one with parts.

Sorry to have entered the thread so late, but if you don't get anywhere, try contacting Andy Norman at Asia Divers, Puerto Galera.

I've had a couple of double hose regs go through his capable hands...

Feel free to mention my name, it's Larry Bird (really, it is).

Sorry to have entered the thread so late, but if you don't get anywhere, try contacting Andy Norman at Asia Divers, Puerto Galera.

I've had a couple of double hose regs go through his capable hands...

Feel free to mention my name, it's Larry Bird (really, it is).
Thanks, hammerhead; already contacted Asia divers through their subsidiary Tech Asia Dave Ross & no luck at their end. Am waiting for reply from another thread U.S. based. So far Dive zone in Julia Vargas managed to reduce the leak by finesanding the diaphragm so will try out this weekend.

I have a box of a few select Tekna parts in our "just in case" collection , if you let me know what pieces you are looking for I will see if I happen to have it.

After 50 years in business there is no telling what I have in the corners and boxes collected by a pack rat. :D

I have a box of a few select Tekna parts in our "just in case" collection , if you let me know what pieces you are looking for I will see if I happen to have it.

After 50 years in business there is no telling what I have in the corners and boxes collected by a pack rat. :D
Jimmy Hoffa...

you never know...

Jag

Hallmac has been very helpful with his boxes of parts, we are communicating directly now. Many thanks! By the way, I tried my Tekna 2100 and US Divers Calypso IV over the weekend and they work fine in spite a quarter of a century old. Now if I can get this 1st generation Seaquest BC jacket working with Scubapro Air 1 there just might soon be a group of vintage divers in Anilao.

careful with seaquest. they're kinda notorious. the threaded base for the dump valves and inflator tends to become brittle and crumble when old. mine did just that while on a dive overseas after XX years of really reliable service to me. bumibigay talaga pag luma na. although the bladder is still ok.

Back
Top Bottom