Vintage Pro VSN 1100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

greeniguana

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I got an older Gates VSN 1100, a DUI one piece poly ester undergarment and DUI rockboot package for nearly nothing. Suit was even in its original factory bag. It was exactly my size so I figured I'd experiment. I've never used a drysuit before.

The seals are bad, not a problem. I can take care of that, I've had plenty of adhesive experience. I put the suit on and floated around in the pool, wrists and neck above water, no leaks. Zipper in good shape, nice coat of wax. Neoprene booties.

Some q0uestions:
1. Do I need to put finishing tape on the new seals? I really don't care about aesthetics, and would skip it and make the seals easier to replace.....

2. Gates inflator has a CEJN fitting. I got the CEJN hose with the suit, but can I just replace the nipple on the inflator with a normal one? Nipple has wrench flats.

3. How does the exhaust valve come off? I've tried pretty hard ro unscrew it, won't budge. I think these valves are an Apeks variant..... Id like to rehab the valve before using it.

4. Suspenders are toast. They seem unnecessary, the suit fits well. Are they necessary? If so where would one get replacements? I've looked around, but haven't had any luck.

That's all for now. I'll take photos of the seal replacement process. Never done it before.

Attachments

• 20200308_184443.jpg
    20200308_184443.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 56
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom