Vintage J-Vlave's HP SPG Port thread?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScoobieDooo

Reaction score
Question: Did J-Valves in the 70's sport a 3/8" thread on their HP SPG Port vs today's SPG's?

I just tried to connect my modern Genesis SPG to a Vintage Dacor-clone J-Valve with HP SPG Port and it doesn't go...

My guess is a I need a 3/8" Male to 7/16" Female Adapter to accomplish this?

??

Yes, you will find many of the older J-valves and K valves had a port for an SPG. This was due to the fact that double hose regulators did not have a port for any gauge. You will need an adapter if you want to even use that valve.

Regards,

Alternately you can just add a 3/8" threaded HP hose and eliminate the extra failure point. They are still available to service older regs, but a bit scarce in the LDS. Any shop can order you one from any of about 4 sources I know of. If they won't, find a new shop!

The thread was changed to prevent folks from screwing a LP hose into a HP port. That combo makes quite a racket. :wink:

OK, so...
I am seeking some nice older US Diver's SPG / PSI Gauge w/HP Hose with the older 3/8" thread vs. today's 7/16" threads. I could just have my LDS order the HP Hose but I still need a SPG as well...

I'm seeking one that functions and is in VG to EC condition. E-mail me that you have, etc. Top dollar paid!

Thanks,

Ahh,
Better yet! Now to just FIND a shop that will order me one up!

Sadly, my LDS's don't show much interest in vintage gear. They'd rather sell me a new K-Valve for $40 than assist with the repair or parts for my vintage stuff.

Back
Top Bottom