vintage Healthways regulator, 1st and second stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

evan9201

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This is a vintage healthways 1st and 2nd stage regulator. It is in good condition with some signs of wear. $55 or best offer. Check or money order is fine.

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

evan9201:

I worked for Healthways in the very early 70's. This regulator should be in someones collection
of vintage gear or on a wall display, not for actual diving.

Hmm. If I remember correctly, Scuba Stars breathe like sucking air from the business end of a vacuum cleaner. mdb is right. It would be good as a display piece but I wouldn't want to dive it.

They are pretty bad, they have a tilt valve second stage which is difficult to make breath even marginally (although that might change :wink: ) . The tilt valves for these are almost non existant and so far I have not been able to restore a valve....although I have not given up. These go for $5-10 on eBay...I have several of them.
I will say the first stage is very compact and being a simple piston design it does a fair job when paired with a good second stage.

Last edited:
The Healthways Scuba Star was my second regulator, ever. That was way back in the 1960s. You a young kid at the time, they breathed okay. The one thing they had over the double hose Healthways Scuba was regulator position closer to the lungs in a horizontal plane. So far as breathing resistance, I didn't notice at the time; we were simply glad to be breathing underwater.

SeaRat

i actually have that exact same 1st stage. dont use it of course, but its a nice lil display piece.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom