Vintage Gear Groups, sound off...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am a member of the California Classic Equipment Divers. The next rally is planned for Dec. 4 at the College of Oceaneering in Wilmington, CA. This is a great group of people who use everything from old scuba gear to heavy helmet gear. I don't get to dive with them enough, they're based in southern CA & I live in northern CA, but I plan on making this next dive. Check out their website, www.calclassic.org

As far as I know the next get together we have planned is in March at some of the Florida Springs. Here is a link to the photos of some of last years trips.

http://www.vintagedoublehose.com/trips/index.html

You can also E-mail me for more information.

Scuba Cowboy:
I am a member of the California Classic Equipment Divers. The next rally is planned for Dec. 4 at the College of Oceaneering in Wilmington, CA. This is a great group of people who use everything from old scuba gear to heavy helmet gear. I don't get to dive with them enough, they're based in southern CA & I live in northern CA, but I plan on making this next dive. Check out their website, www.calclassic.org

Aloha All
I am currently not a member of any Vintage Dive Group. I do enjoy diving with
out of town vintage divers, when the come to Honolulu. I inquired about joining the California Classic Group but received this response.

"Membership to our group is free. We do have out of state members but prefer to keep things local. " all the best

Charlie Orr
So I guess they do not encourage outsiders.

I would recommend joining the Historical Diving Society
Aloha Turtleguy

Bob3:
I know there are quite a few Vintage Gear User Groups out there. If you're a member of any, how about piping up about any dive get-togethers you have planned?
I am in Rapid city, SD. Would be willing to host a Vintage dive here or help with one nearby. The closest group I know of is in Minneapolis. John

Hey John, I think hosting a dive here would work. We are centrally located between Minneaopolis and Denver and the visibility here is better than any place I can think of in Iowa so we could potentially draw people from several states. And, between the two of us, we comprise 9% of the Inland Divers Vintage Dive Club already.

We could also start our own vintage dive group here and start recruiting members. I can think of a couple of potential members who may be interested. Do you want to be member number 1 or member number 2?

That is a sticky question. We could alternate year to year. We have enough old gear to outfit a group of 20 or so!! Am open to more discussion on the issue. Easy availibility of air, I am a wonderful cook, we got it all. John

Hey Frogfoot
Why don't you start a National club.
That way I can be a member. It would be nice to keep track of where everyone is, and what they collect, and what they are looking for .
Turtleguy

Turtleguy:
... Why don't you start a National club.
That way I can be a member. It would be nice to keep track of where everyone is, and what they collect, and what they are looking for .
I'm a member of Jim Boyd's NEDEG - http://www.hardhatdivers.org they stretch all the way from the East coast to IL. Never have made it to a rally yet though, my "migration pattern" was always a bit late.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom