Vintage dive mask. Any idea on age thinking 60s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pacediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
28790237-07FA-49A3-92CA-A5692011E600.jpeg
F8A9A3B3-D259-489C-A987-429278BDC6EC.jpeg
F8A9A3B3-D259-489C-A987-429278BDC6EC.jpeg

The company that makes this mask is actually still making the same style oval mask,check out their website

Similar to the AMF Voit mask I used from 1965 to 1974. What is amazing is the purge valve never did leak!

I put a strap on it and it seems like it will work,purge valve seems good hope to try it out this weekend,I bought a reproduction one years ago but I found the rubber to stiff to make a good seal

Does it have the screw clamp or band clamp on the bottom ? The screw clamp is older that would be 60's. I might have a few of there catalogs also. I will check. I have hundreds of vintage masks. Most of them in the original boxes.

I have not had a purge valve on a mask since skin diving in the mid1990s

@David Wilson would know the history on this mask.
Sorry too for my own late reply; I thought SB was undergoing maintenance.

I see the mask was made by Kinugawa, which means it was made in Japan. If I recall correctly, Kinugawa Rubber is the parent company of Gull Marine Sports, which manufactures basic diving gear in Japan; see, for example, Products | GULL Scuba Diving.

I'm afraid I haven't been able to find out a lot about the early history of Kinugawa as a diving manufacturer. Here are a couple of images I found at [All that SCUBA] 마스크의 명품 걸 베이더(Gull Vader) 리뷰 (1/2):
upload_2021-8-28_19-9-47.png

upload_2021-8-28_19-10-10.png
No detail there of model names, sadly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom