Vintage Dive Beer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Matthews

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
On a lighter note, pun not intended, what is everyone’s favorite vintage dive beer. If you need a model think coffee before the triple decaf, sugar free hazelnut, synthetic latte made with soymilk.

I couldn't drink (legally) for the first 8 years. When I moved to California in the late 60's it was Brown Derby and another brand... the only ones I could afford on my teacher's salary (hmmm... what's changed).

Rolling Rock in New Jersey, Busch in Florida.

Never worried about the age limit; Staten Island was just over the Goethels Bridge.

I have not heard the words Brown Derby in a long time. Now if someone jumps in with Buckhorn we are all set.

Mine was Miller High Life.

Back in the 70's we used to drink alot of Stroh's. It was made in Michigan I believe and I don't think its made anymore. If we were low on dough we'd go to Old Style. If we were REALLY low on dough you could buy a case of 12 ounce bottle of OLD MILWAUKEE for $3.99. It was good if it was ice cold, but it did nasty things to your innard's. Some things are better left to nostelgia. Ha

Jim

We drank Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) or Jacks

Stroh and Stroh Lite was good. The first beer like substance that I was introduced to was Mickey's Malt Liquor. We went to the bootlegger and got it on our bicycles.

One really good beer that I enjoyed was Jax - brewed on the end of Canal Street in New Orleans. Wonderful stuff.

Michelob Light, when I was in college...

...raw rock scallops with a dot of Tabasco washed down with a 'pounder'...tumwater good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom