Village Bunaken Resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

majjacman

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Going to dive Bunaken next month and was looking for any experiences with Bunaken Village Resort. Any advice on this property? I've heard about other properties but am interested in this place based on its price. How are the cottages and the food? What is their dive operation like? Thanks for any comments!

Can't comment on it personally, but it's pretty popular at TripAdvisor, which is usually a pretty accurate indicator ...

The Village Bunaken (Bunaken Island, Indonesia) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

I can tell you that the dive sites Timur I & II are straight out from the resort ... they both have excellent coral gardens near the reef top, and Timur II is one of the best night dives we've ever done.

Because of its location on the east side of Bunaken rather than on the SW facing beach, where most of the resorts are, it's much quieter too.

Last edited:
Don't know about Bunaken Village Resort. We work with Bahowo Lodge who give pretty good value for money. Same with Guesthouse 4 Fish. I've attached some prices for you to make a comparison.

Bahowo Lodge (Bunaken, Indonesia) Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

Thalassa sorts out everything diving wise. Our location is on the mainland as opposed to the islands, so access to the Highlands and Manado town is possible. Dive sites are 5-10 minutes boat ride away (we're on the headland facing Bunaken Island). We also do trips to Bangka and Lembeh. I think our dive guides, facilities and service are quality but then I'm biased!

To be honest, stick with the island experience if that's what you're looking for. If you want a bit more flexibility and experience of a local Indonesian village then Bahowo and Guesthouse 4 Fish is the way to go.

Attachments

• postcard fb special ENG.jpg
    postcard fb special ENG.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 367
Hi Majjacmann,
I've read your question about The village Resort and since I'd like to go there in May, can I ask you if you finally gone there or did you change resort? I could't find any recent reviews about this resort therefore I'm a little bit unsure wether it's still operating and in good shape...most of all I'm interestend in the condition of the dive shop. Reviews dated 2009 reported bad condition of the diving gears.
Thank you in advance for your kind reply.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom