Villablanca Gardens Hotel, any recent reports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Harrisb411

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have an unexpected break at work and will be heading down to Cozumel on Oct. 21-25. Due to the Iron Man happening the weekend I leave and Scuba Club being under repair for renovations hotels are looking scarce. I have a bunch of COVID rainchecks for Dive Paradise so Im looking for pier convince also.

Anyone stay there recently? Its about $200 cheaper than anything else I can find around, so it has me thinking...

Been there three times but last was in 2014 so not sure of the relevance but more recent reviews sound like little has changed. There are two room classes - Standard and Superior. The Superior is much better, significantly larger, has a king bed and a sofa and a fridge. I've always got the Superior but was with friends once that had Standard and I could survive with it (reminded me of Hotel Barracuda rooms) but Superior is worth the extra money, and it's more than a few dollars extra. VB is cheaper than most other options on or across the street from the water.

There are at least two dive ops nearby and the pier is right across the street. It's also a reasonable shore dive with plenty of small life around the rubble. Good for a quick checkout dive or night dive. You could walk to town if you're a hiker but a taxi for most. We would walk to Blue Angel a few times for their restaurant and shore dive.

In conclusion, there are better places usually but if it's VB or stay home, I'm going with VB.

I have an unexpected break at work and will be heading down to Cozumel on Oct. 21-25. Due to the Iron Man happening the weekend I leave and Scuba Club being under repair for renovations hotels are looking scarce. I have a bunch of COVID rainchecks for Dive Paradise so Im looking for pier convince also.

Anyone stay there recently? Its about $200 cheaper than anything else I can find around, so it has me thinking...
I stayed there for a few days a couple of years ago. It's not a 5 star hotel, but it was clean and quiet, and the pier across the street is convenient for dive and fishing boat pickup. I would stay there again if Blue Angel were full up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom