Villa Aldora Updates?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were there (loading and unloading at the Villa) at the end of June and Betsy was very pleasant. I think someone had an axe to grind.
unnamed.gif

That's the problem with TripAdvisor, innit? On the one hand, it provides a way for people to convey information about their experiences to help others choose between alternatives, but on the other it also provides a conduit for people with vendettas to try to sabotage businesses and for businesses to bring in shills and saboteurs to promote their endeavors and attack their competitors. It's impossible to know which are which, so I never use TA.

Stayed there during the last week of June. Did miss Chris (and Chris) who was a character, but I think Betsy probably doing just as good a job or better. No bugs. It was clean. No complaints.

In fairness the style of the rooms could probably use an update. Tile countertops and leather topped tables...

But in the end its the proximity to the dock that makes the place. We will definitely be staying again.

I'm happy to hear all the positive comments. We're heading to Cozumel in February for the first time and have booked at Villa Aldora.
Since Dave opened the Aldora Villa about 20 years ago, my wife and I have stayed there at least 40 times, in every room at least once, except for the Cameron. We also will be there in February (5-9). Which room did you book?

Since Dave opened the Aldora Villa about 20 years ago, my wife and I have stayed there at least 40 times, in every room at least once, except for the Cameron. We also will be there in February (5-9). Which room did you book?
It looks like we will just overlap your visit a little bit -- we're in Courtyard Sur from Feb 8-15.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom