Viking dry glove systems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wee Haggis

Registered
Reaction score
I have been diving a Viking Pro 1000 for about 8 years and after working alongside a local police dive team, I am tempted to switch to a dry glove system. The dive team is using the older Viking sleeve ring, but now Viking is offering the newer bayonet system.

I am interested in a system that is field serviceable and able to accept a variety of replacement gloves (not necessarily the expensive OEM variety). My diving is recreational and not subject to the rigours of public safety or commercial diving.

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations they would like to share with respect to the two Viking dry glove sytems?

I use the bayonet system and they seem to work ok for me. You just have to make sure they are lubed and clean or you may have a hard time putting them on and getting them off. Personally, I'm getting ready to order the DC drygloves from COVCI since it is a much better system and everyone I know really likes them.

Good luck,

Thanks Scott, I will have to check out COVCI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom