Viking/Apeks Shoulder Dump

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

g2

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hola Apeks reps,

I need to replace the shoulder dump valve on my Viking Xtreme drysuit (the suit is no longer made but it's still sturdy). My LDS did not have a dump that fit.

I think one of these Apeks valves will fit but I'm not entirely sure. Anybody know? Any other valve?

Two pictures attached for reference.

The back of the existing dump has a plastic ridge, 1.7 inches (4.35 cm) I.D., 1.87 in (4.86 cm) O.D.. The threaded coupling on the backside of the valve is 1.16 in. (2.95 cm) O.D., and the hole in the drysuit is about the same for a snug fit.

Mucho thanks.

glenn
Viking shoulder dump valve.jpg
valve back.jpg

Last edited:
Hi G2, just checked on one i have lying around and the coupling between the two parts is roughly 3.8 cm.

Hi G2, just checked on one i have lying around and the coupling between the two parts is roughly 3.8 cm.

Thanks impishou. I'm thinking there may be two versions of the same dump valve, one branded Apeks (with the 3.8cm coupling) and another with the Viking branding, 2.95 cm.

My local dive shop had one similar to yours. : (

Why not simply email customer service from the contact address on Apeks' website ?

I have had excellent responses on my queries. I believe they commit to replying within 2 business days.

I have a fiew at home I wil take a look send me a message

Thanks. I ended up ordering the exact Viking replacement from ScubaCenter ("Exhaust Valve, Low Profile") but it would still be handy to know if Apeks makes one that would fit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom