Viewing Stills and Youtube Videos on your Cell phone.....Huge Solution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danvolker

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I get about 35% of my Facebook fans ( I have about 15,500) viewing and interacting with cell phones. This is a huge chunk of divers, viewing a photography and video Facebook page..with their cell phones. There is a REAL PROBLEM for most of these people, in that most cell phones FAIL BADLY in utilizing key features and performance of YouTube, because Youtube uses Flash ( ideal for 99% of all PC's).... While the phone industry may like the idea of playing with HTML 5 for phones, it fails to deal with the massive amount of good content that is much better with Flash ( as in YouTube, Premioum videos, and games--though I don't care about games :)

The SOLUTION I was forced to find, is the Puffin Browser Puffin Web Browser - Download
They make it for Androids and I phones, and it puts the flash in from a Cloud, so your phone shows what your PC shows...AND it makes your phone much faster for normal web browsing...especially the older Androids like my Galaxy S..... Any Web browsing is now much better.....

If you install this Puffin browser on your phone, try loading this video Paradise in Boynton Beach - YouTube and when you get to the end of the video, your phone will show video features that it failed to show before, due to it's poor browser function and lack of Flash support ( Youtube IS Flash based for the players the videos form in--the HTML5 version is missing many of the features the Flash has).
[video=youtube_share;PIaXVw61qJI]http://youtu.be/PIaXVw61qJI[/video]

Stills are big on many websites rich in Flash technology.....and the lame Flashless browsers on most cell phones miss the boat here....Puffin is the fix..

I am wanting you to know about Puffin, because there are many things we can do for mobile viewers--IF they can see flash based Youtube videos..that is my agenda :)

Back
Top Bottom