Vietnam - Hon Tre Island (Near Nha Trang)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dash

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just read Tjacks dive report from Nha Trang and was glad to see that he had good dive experiences there. I am planning a trip in late February and will be in the Nha Trang area. However, the wedding I am attending is at the Vinpearl resort on Hon Tre island.

In looking at the resort site they keep saying that diving is available by "Mana Mana" tour operator. I have no idea what that means.

Can anyone familiar with Hon Tre tell me if scuba diving boat trips are available directly from Hon Tre? Or will I have to take the ferry back to Nha Trang?

Thanks!

Last time I was there VinPearl contracted with Sailing Club Divers. They speed boat you out to the main boat. If you are willling to put up with the hassle you can save yourself a lot of cash by contacting Sailing Club direct and meeting them in Nha Trang in the mornings. PM me for an email contact for them.

Thanks Red. I think Ill contact the Vinpearl directly and get an update on their operations.

By the way, how long ago were you there and what was your impression? Specifically, could we make our entire Vietnam stay on Hon Tre and get a good feeling for Vietnam, see the sites, etc. ?

Thanks!

Specifically, could we make our entire Vietnam stay on Hon Tre and get a good feeling for Vietnam, see the sites, etc. ?
No, you can not. Lots of things to see, it really is a marvelous country, so go and see the sites, enjoy the food, the people (especially friendly in the South), the sites, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom