Videos: Train Wheels and PC-815 (San Diego, CA)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rainer

Contributor
Reaction score
After a few complaints about not enough dive reports in the DIR subforum, I posted our trip report of our dives in San Diego this past Saturday there:

San Diego Dives - Videos

Did want to share the videos, though, here in the local SoCal forum as well:

11/13/10 - Ancient Sea Cliffs (Train Wheels)

About a mile off from the lighthouse at Point Loma one can find remnants of the prehistoric San Diego coastline. These "Ancient Sea Cliffs" run from about 65' to 105'. This particular site is known as "Train Wheels" due to the two sets of railroad train wheels that sit inside a small cavern at the base of the cliffs.

[vimeo]16878287[/vimeo]

11/13/10 - PC-815

A 173' WWII submarine chaser launched in 1943 and sunk (in a collision with the destroyer USS Laffey) in 1945 (notably, she was first commanded by L. Ron Hubbard). The wreck was discovered in the early 1980s in about 90', at which time it was determined she still carried live munitions (upwards of 800 pounds). The US Navy detonated these, causing a larger than expected blast (measured at 2.8 on the Richter scale by Caltech). The wreckage is now spread over a fairly large area.

[vimeo]16877225[/vimeo]

This was some of my favorite diving I've done so far! Thanks so much for setting up the charter, Chris....big thanks to Jen, Stephen, and Marc for joining and being fun, safe, competent divers/buddies. And an extra special thanks to Captain Danny for being a really cool guy and nailing the anchor drop each and every time.

Can't wait to watch the videos....when I get somewhere that doesn't block them :wink:

As usual, pretty cool videos !!
(and some companies haven't figured out vimeo is a decent youtube alternative to avoid working - lol !)

As usual, pretty cool videos !!
(and some companies haven't figured out vimeo is a decent youtube alternative to avoid working - lol !)

Thanks!

This was some of my favorite diving I've done so far! Thanks so much for setting up the charter, Chris....big thanks to Jen, Stephen, and Marc for joining and being fun, safe, competent divers/buddies. And an extra special thanks to Captain Danny for being a really cool guy and nailing the anchor drop each and every time.

Can't wait to watch the videos....when I get somewhere that doesn't block them :wink:

Definitely three nice dives. Hope you like the videos!

Back
Top Bottom