Video - Wreck of the Eagle - SB Members Too!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardE

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi all,

At the behest of Miss Scuba_Jenny AKA Queen Conch (she didn't wear a tiara) - I have finished editing the video from the Concher's trip to Tavernier, and our dive on the Wreck of the Eagle.

Thanks to Capt Gary for taking us out there... Featured in this movie are CAMEO APPERANCES by....

Michelle (of course, my wife, no SB username), ReneeC, Aabond, Kbeck, PadiPro, Netmage, Scuba_jenny, smokeaire, and Marvel. I think that's everyone who appeared, but Astrl was there, although I don't think she's pictured. Also... At the end that's Capt Gary working the grill.

As usual, I have made a High Quality Version (for Broadband users) which is on my website @ http://howardandmichelle.com/dive/videos/eagle-11-19-05-hq.wmv

The compressed version (for slower connections) is in my photo gallery here. LINK

Also... I just installed GALLERY on my website, and that will be growing as I have time to post photos.

Enjoy!!!

Wow, just as I log on your video is out.
I'll make sure to download it :).

Very, very nice I like how you set the mood with the music, creates a sense of impending doom. I was half expecting to see a Shark come out of the blue.
Video reminds me of wreck dive I did on Sunday.

Out of curiousity howarde how much does a middle of the road digital camcorder and housing cost?

Jamdiver:
Wow, just as I log on your video is out.
I'll make sure to download it :).

Out of curiousity howarde how much does a middle of the road digital camcorder and housing cost?

We (when I say we, I mean Michelle has) have the S70 with the Canon Housing. Paid $550 for the whole thing 6 months ago. Aabond called me last night, to discuss the same thing. He said he found the S70 for $200 now on E-Bay, and the Housing is still around $150. I think it takes great photos with little to no processing. I've been putting totally un-touched up at all - straight from the camera photos onto my personal gallery @ http://howardandmichelle.com/gallery - These are straight from the camera if the file name is IMG_####" if the file has a name, it's been edited.

Dude --- you're a hijacker.

Rispek.

howarde:
We (when I say we, I mean Michelle has) have the S70 with the Canon Housing. Paid $550 for the whole thing 6 months ago. Aabond called me last night, to discuss the same thing. He said he found the S70 for $200 now on E-Bay, and the Housing is still around $150. I think it takes great photos with little to no processing. I've been putting totally un-touched up at all - straight from the camera photos onto my personal gallery @ http://howardandmichelle.com/gallery - These are straight from the camera if the file name is IMG_####" if the file has a name, it's been edited.

Dude --- you're a hijacker.

Rispek.

Camcorder not camera :D!!
And I promise not to hijack this thread, scout's honour.

Been hanging with too many Jamaicans howarde, next thing you know i'll be hearing you end conversations with 'bless' and 'likkle more'.

That's a tough question if you want a middle of the road video setup. There's nothing really inexpensive. I would keep an eye on e-bay (where I got my housing for $400) for something good. Find the housing FIRST, then get the camera to match it. That would be my advice.

Nice video! Nice editing.. I need to move to florida..

I like the suspenseful-monster-at-any-moment soundtrack.. I can already hear the dialogue of our hero...

"By this time, my lungs were aching for air.. luckily the giant squid had begun to feed on the sluggishly swimming obese diver he had dragged beneath the wreck in spray of bloody bubbles....."

Okay.. I need to switch to decaf..

D.

Great video but the music really made it! Great job!

Thanks for all of the nice comments!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom