video setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

domino22

Contributor
Reaction score
Would like further input. I want to shoot video! I am leaning towards the sony 3ccd tech either the Sony 950 or 2100 with a gates housing. Lights will be down the road any thoughts on this set up or other recomondation. Like the 450ft depth rating on the Gates. I want to do Bikini atoll some time and I think the Gates is bullet proof so to speak. And ya I know $$$.And I can live with the mech controls.

domino22:
Would like further input. I want to shoot video! I am leaning towards the sony 3ccd tech either the Sony 950 or 2100 with a gates housing. Lights will be down the road any thoughts on this set up or other recomondation. Like the 450ft depth rating on the Gates. I want to do Bikini atoll some time and I think the Gates is bullet proof so to speak. And ya I know $$$.And I can live with the mech controls.

I use a Sony 900(predecessor to the 950) and a Gates with their multiport wet lens system. Great setup. The 2100 is better in low light and should provide better color, but it is much larger and heavier. Housings: 5 lbs. vs. 14 lbs I believe.

I agree with waiting on the lights. You can still get good footage without them on day dives. I only use my lights for night dives.

I have some of my videos available for download on my website if you would like to see what kind of footage you can expect. Videos are compressed for quicker downloading. Coloring is similar, but the regular videos have much better resolution.

http://www.ronrosa.com/ron/scuba.htm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom