Video: Scootering Road to Twin Peaks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fdog

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Video from the epic vis at Pt. Lobos during the first weekend in March.

I've recently started shooting with a GoPro HD. I haven't really been expecting much in the way of results, although I did get a Mako flat port. Boy, was I in for a surprise...

I was simply amazed with the quality. Wow!

The link below doesn't do it justice - click on the "Vimeo" in the video window to see it at the Vimeo website.

[vimeo]21307712[/vimeo]

This was originally shot at r5, or 1080p 30 fps. It looks spectacular. I have a file of the video, at a mere 720p (445 MB), that will be uploaded shortly if you want to see what the camera is capable of.

All the best, James

with R5, files are really big and it's difficult to work on it (for my computer).
Anyway, thanks for the video, nice dive.
With a scooter , everything looks closer....
M

:O

Wow! What a fantastic video. You guys really shot a hole in one picking the weekend you did to come down. I'm so glad when the conditions really open up for friends who make the cross-state trip to be here. Definitely some of the best viz we've had this year (it's been quite murky last weekend from what I can tell, and not expected to be much better this coming weekend). Hope to see you and Janet again soon!

Nice! Last time I saw vis like that was when Kenn was with us :) We could easily see Middle Reef from the surface.

Video from the epic vis at Pt. Lobos during the first weekend in March.

I've recently started shooting with a GoPro HD. I haven't really been expecting much in the way of results, although I did get a Mako flat port. Boy, was I in for a surprise...

I was simply amazed with the quality. Wow!

The link below doesn't do it justice - click on the "Vimeo" in the video window to see it at the Vimeo website.

[vimeo]21307712[/vimeo]

This was originally shot at r5, or 1080p 30 fps. It looks spectacular. I have a file of the video, at a mere 720p (445 MB), that will be uploaded shortly if you want to see what the camera is capable of.

All the best, James

Have you gotten the LCD back display for it? If you want to try one out just let me know.

Awesome video, thanks.

Thank you all so much for the good words!

:O

Wow! What a fantastic video. You guys really shot a hole in one picking the weekend you did to come down. I'm so glad when the conditions really open up for friends who make the cross-state trip to be here. Definitely some of the best viz we've had this year (it's been quite murky last weekend from what I can tell, and not expected to be much better this coming weekend). Hope to see you and Janet again soon!
...Likewise! And when are we going on a dive together?

Have you gotten the LCD back display for it? If you want to try one out just let me know.
Thank you Mike. If we're diving the same location I'll probably take you up on it.

That was beautiful, James. You did that on singles? Amazing :)
Meh...not so amazing...they were HP130's, and the Cudas were told to "run!".

All the best, James

PS - 720p for those interested in the camera's performance is at this linky. Warning: 465 MB but the darn little camera is just amazing.

Back
Top Bottom