Video of tanker barge in smithtown bay artificial reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been watching your videos, thanks for the time and effort you put into them. I live in Stony Brook, about 5 minutes from Smithtown Bay. Just wondering if you know about accessing this site from the shore, doesn't look to be too long a swim out but I can't find any information about divers doing that.

Edited to add: Never mind I found more information and it's a 1 mile swimout from shore, with boat traffic that can be heavy.

If you're ever looking for a local LI diver to help out with gas and expenses when you're diving in my local area, please look me up.

Its rather frustrating to have so many North shore dive sites in my own backyard but having difficult or no access to most of them because of the mostly private property owned by rich people with mansions.

Last edited:
We are releasing another site off Smithtown today. A large steamer in 73FSW. I understand your frustration. I would contact local dive shops and explain that you want to dive but need access. Perhaps someone will start up a charter op.

Thank you for your support. We really appreciate it. We just ask that if you like our videos that you share then with others. We are trying to share the excitement of diving with as many people as we can. It makes a difference.

Thanks again,

Dive safe,

Captain Denis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom