Video of Scuba Divers Getting Capital Punishment at 90fsw. It's SHOCKING!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CuzzA

Wetwork for Hire
Reaction score
Out to the Florida Middle Grounds on Saturday for the Tampa Bay Spearfishing Challenge. I invited @dumpsterDiver along and so it was great to finally dive with him.

Great weather all day. Less than two foot seas and we had the wind at our back on the way in. Viz was about 50 ft. most of the day. 82 on the surface, a brisk thermocline at around 50 ft. Diving in a shirt and pants felt like I got punched with each drop, but I adapt well and after a few seconds it doesn't bother me. DD shot well and scored some good points... Raise your hand if you'd like to see DD's ban lifted.

tumblr_mb6l6d3I3y1rcd11vo2_1280.gif

So anyway, I don't have to tell the story, we both were shooting video so you get to see both perspectives. I was wearing the SharkShield, the video will tell the rest of the story. Too damn funny. :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Language Warning!

DD's video.

My video.

The black grouper.
Black grouper.jpg

Don't forget to subscribe!

When I create videos I crop out all the uninteresting stuff so the viewer is treated to action and brought right into the action and stays there. We've hit short attention spans. You cant expect the casual viewer to sit there for 5 to 10 minutes watching somebody swimming around with a spear gun looking at mostly empty water with lots of camera movement.

Great team work !!

... Raise your hand if you'd like to see DD's ban lifted.
DD knows exactly the steps to take to get his ban lifted.

Almost 30 years ago there was a board titled "Free dive list."

About 20 years ago, in 2000 the "Free dive list." organized and sponsored the huge 2000 Free dive spearfishing Party which was the last gathering of the worlds "Fathers of Free diving and Spear fishing." It was a very monumental event in the history of spear fishing and diving . The 50 or so living fathers came from all points of the globe for this one last hurrah; Central and South America, Europe, Australia, the Pacific Islands and North America -three were honored from Orange County California the late Ron Merker, (@drbill instructor) Allan (Omar) Wood and my self

In honor of the event and the Fathers posted the following on the Free Dive List:

"We Fathers of Free Diving and Spearfishing have been honored as the pioneer participants in a noble sport where one matches their skill in a very hostile environment with that of his finny adversary in an activity that has become internationally known as "Spearfishing."

Spearfish with great dignity and pride in this the noblest of all man's activities, but with restraint and selective spearfishing rather than wholesale slaughter, for with every activity there is a Beginning; a Middle; and an
End.......
....."

We the "Fathers" of this great activity were honored to have been a participant in the Beginning, we are some where past the Middle and if precautions aren't established and restraints aren't practiced the End of spearfishing can be in the immediate future"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FYI
Only a hand full of the Fathers have survived the passage of the last twenty years ~ my companions are no more ~ One by one they have passed on and are now spearfishing on that big reef in the sky...I am one of the very few remaining and active .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One of the Fathers was the great universally and internationally respected Floridian Art Pinder…..
You may want to read his obituary on this board in "Passings" Art Pinder, King of sling.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spearfisherman have always since the very beginning of this noble activity been judged by condition and type of equipment used, spearing technique, size and amount of fish speared, adherence and respect of legal quotas and their spearfishing companions

I will not in any way be associated or recognized with one who continually violates selective spear fishing with wholesale slaughter while concurrently ignoring long established safe diving practices
I personally consider it a disgrace to all the Fathers of the world living or deceased

Congratulations on a presentable Florida fish

Sam Miller, 111
(one of the last "Fathers")
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An after thought...I have had a life time of active spearfishing.... My personal best are;
Lobster 17Lbs 4 Oz,
Halibut 38 Lbs,
Yellow Tail 27 Lbs,
White Sea Bass 49Lbs,
Black Sea Bass 345 Lbs.(note @Jayfarmlaw- who can judge fish sizes !)

cc @Marie13 more CE

@Akimbo
@Scuba Lawyer
@The Chairman

OOPs good ole @Wookie[/USER
[LEFT][COLOR=rgb(1, 1, 1)] & Dano @MAKO Spearguns[/COLOR][/LEFT]

When I create videos I crop out all the uninteresting stuff so the viewer is treated to action and brought right into the action and stays there. We've hit short attention spans. You cant expect the casual viewer to sit there for 5 to 10 minutes watching somebody swimming around with a spear gun looking at mostly empty water with lots of camera movement.
If you watch my videos that is pretty much the way they are. Packed with action... because I kill (AND EAT) a lot of fish. :D

To be honest, I make my videos for me to document my trips. Not so much for others. I doubt NatGeo has any interest in my content. :wink:

DD knows exactly the steps to take to get his ban lifted.
DD sent @The Chairman a message a while back. I dont think it's appropriate to have an open discussion, but I know he would enjoy being back on the board. Perhaps they can come to terms with an agreement. DD is a good diver, brings a ton of knowledge and of course adds color to the board. I'm sure whatever needs to be done to reconcile the situation can be achieved.

Almost 30 years ago there was a board titled "Free dive list."

About 20 years ago, in 2000 the "Free dive list." organized and sponsored the huge 2000 Free dive spearfishing Party which was the last gathering of the worlds "Fathers of Free diving and Spear fishing." It was a very monumental event in the history of spear fishing and diving . The 50 or so living fathers came from all points of the globe for this one last hurrah; Central and South America, Europe, Australia, the Pacific Islands and North America -three were honored from Orange County California the late Ron Merker, (@drbill instructor) Allan (Omar) Wood and my self

In honor of the event and the Fathers posted the following on the Free Dive List:

"We Fathers of Free Diving and Spearfishing have been honored as the pioneer participants in a noble sport where one matches their skill in a very hostile environment with that of his finny adversary in an activity that has become internationally known as "Spearfishing."

Spearfish with great dignity and pride in this the noblest of all man's activities, but with restraint and selective spearfishing rather than wholesale slaughter, for with every activity there is a Beginning; a Middle; and an
End.......
....."

We the "Fathers" of this great activity were honored to have been a participant in the Beginning, we are some where past the Middle and if precautions aren't established and restraints aren't practiced the End of spearfishing can be in the immediate future"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FYI
Only a hand full of the Fathers have survived the passage of the last twenty years ~ my companions are no more ~ One by one they have passed on and are now spearfishing on that big reef in the sky...I am one of the very few remaining and active .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One of the Fathers was the great universally and internationally respected Floridian Art Pinder…..
You may want to read his obituary on this board in "Passings" Art Pinder, King of sling.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spearfisherman have always since the very beginning of this noble activity been judged by condition and type of equipment used, spearing technique, size and amount of fish speared, adherence and respect of legal quotas and their spearfishing companions

I will not in any way be associated or recognized with one who continually violates selective spear fishing with wholesale slaughter while concurrently ignoring long established safe diving practices
I personally consider it a disgrace to all the Fathers of the world living or deceased

Congratulations on a presentable Florida fish

Sam Miller, 111
(one of the last "Fathers")
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An after thought...I have had a life time of active spearfishing.... My personal best are;
Lobster 17Lbs 4 Oz,
Halibut 38 Lbs,
Yellow Tail 27 Lbs,
White Sea Bass 49Lbs,
Black Sea Bass 345 Lbs.(note @Jayfarmlaw- who can judge fish sizes !)

cc @Marie13 more CE

@Akimbo
@Scuba Lawyer
@The Chairman

OOPs good ole @Wookie[/USER
[LEFT][COLOR=rgb(1, 1, 1)] & Dano @MAKO Spearguns[/COLOR][/LEFT]
Sam, thanks for your contribution as always. I believe there were just too many issues that went overlooked over those early years that left us with a beat up fishery.

Back then a lot of people thought the ocean was an endless bounty. Technology, ship building, and techniques allowed for highly efficient commercial fishing. From nets, to long lines to commercial fish processing plants. It all played a significant role and everyone just kept enjoying the money. Thankfully we have a pretty good regulatory body now that has been able to turn the fishery around and make it sustainable. Now we need the tech to flip the script and give the recreational guys the ability to report their catch. The only way we can ensure a sustainable fishery for future generations is to have data and enforcement. Two things I am big proponent of.

I'd love to see a phone app where I can report my catch and more funding for law enforcement to catch and punish those who poach. I have no tolerance for poaching.

The good news is, the latest reports I've read the past couple years state many of our highly targeted species are coming back to sustainable levels. Let's hope we continue down this path. But we really need to start focusing on pollution. A lot of fishermen don't care much about the small life... coral, crustaceans, etc. Well, they better, that's where and what the fish they seek live and eat.

Back
Top Bottom