Video of my street today during heavy heavy rains!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sasscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
Street was impassable due to very heavy rains and 70 mile an hour winds this morning. This is a video of a flatbed tow truck that decided to go down my street when all others turned around and went another way. He created a wave and if you watch the left side of the screen you will see a purple firebird that gets hit with a wave and actually floats the car off the ground. It moved the car 2 feet and I talked with my neighbor and she showed me the inside of the car and it was completely wet up to the dash and still has 4 inches of water in the floors. We have been without power now for 4 hours and am running on the generator.

Lenox Towing on Vimeo

Click video above.:D

You probably never thought you would be able to walk out your front door and go diving.

Thats a lot of rain.

your neighbours lawns are so green and pretty... those flowers by the mailbox are screwed though

Don't 'cha just love these truck driving idiots.

Your adventure Sas reminds me of my experience in Hurricane Allen, August 1980 in Kingsville, TX. Immediately after the eye passed over Kingsville, the rain wall on the backside of the hurricane caused it to rain so hard the streetlight across the street from my house looked like it was in a fog.

After several hours of the downpour, the rain was starting to let up. I was sitting in my front door, no power, watching the water advance up my walk. It stopped at about the bottom of the doorjam.

Whew. That was close. Then I hear a truck. An Army 4x4 flatbed bed roars down the middle of the street and a three foot wave comes curling toward my door. I slammed the door and braced against it but the water poured into the house anyway around the frame.

I was pissed and was going to file a claim, then the ceiling collapsed in the back half of my house flooding the rest of the place. Because it was night I did not realize that a lot of the roof shingles had been blown off the back of the house and water had been puddling in the attic during the downpour. When it reach the breaking point, it did.

Ahhhh, memories.

Don't 'cha just love these truck driving idiots.

Your adventure Sas reminds me of my experience in Hurricane Allen, August 1980 in Kingsville, TX. Immediately after the eye passed over Kingsville, the rain wall on the backside of the hurricane caused it to rain so hard the streetlight across the street from my house looked like it was in a fog.

After several hours of the downpour, the rain was starting to let up. I was sitting in my front door, no power, watching the water advance up my walk. It stopped at about the bottom of the doorjam.

Whew. That was close. Then I hear a truck. An Army 4x4 flatbed bed roars down the middle of the street and a three foot wave comes curling toward my door. I slammed the door and braced against it but the water poured into the house anyway around the frame.

I was pissed and was going to file a claim, then the ceiling collapsed in the back half of my house flooding the rest of the place. Because it was night I did not realize that a lot of the roof shingles had been blown off the back of the house and water had been puddling in the attic during the downpour. When it reach the breaking point, it did.

Ahhhh, memories.

WOW, that would suck!

Man if that was my truck that guy would be FIRED!

Man if that was my truck that guy would be FIRED!

I provided a dvd to the owner of the car to see if they will fix the flood damage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom