Video of Ginnie Springs Insulation Room.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamesK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
This is a video that I shot on a dive this weekend. We scootered about 2000 feet in to The Devil's System on the mainline, dropped scooters, and then swam the Insulation Room circuit. It as a very nice dive. Approx 100 minutes including deco. Max depth was 101'. For those not knowing, the Insulation Room is named that because of a bacteria that grows there and looks just like fiberglass insulation. Very cool, and just swimming in that area causes some silting. A very cool dive though. In part of the video I also show a quick glimpse of a whale bone sticking out of the cave wall. It's hard to see as it's fossilized, and blends in to the wall. It is the only scene where the camera looks directly at a wall.

I hope you enjoy it even 5% as much as I did shooting it.

Thanks for watching.

Oh, make sure you change the resolution setting to one of the HD choices.

The Devil's Insulation - A Journey to the Ginnie's Insulation Room - YouTube

---------- Post added April 2nd, 2013 at 11:02 PM ----------

Oh, I should add, while we are on scooters, we are using standard light reflectors. Once we swtch to swimming, we change over to video reflectors and turn on more lights.

Thanks for sharing! Great video. Are the Mako's stock or do they have rewound motors? Is that 2 sola 1200's on a goodman handle? Thanks

This is a amazing watch in HD.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Cool James..thanks for posting.

Thanks man! It was my first time scootering and trying to do video.

---------- Post added April 3rd, 2013 at 12:26 PM ----------

This is a amazing watch in HD.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. I appreciate the compliment!

---------- Post added April 3rd, 2013 at 12:29 PM ----------

Thanks for sharing! Great video. Are the Mako's stock or do they have rewound motors? Is that 2 sola 1200's on a goodman handle? Thanks

I am not sure about the answer on the Mako's. they do not belong to me, but I will try to find out.

I will say this, the black and red one is notmally the faster of the two. As you can see in the video I was on and off the trigger a lot on the blue. I was in sidemount.

As for the SOLA question. Yes, it is dual 1200s on one of my homemade handles. Works great as the lights can be angled in any direction very easily.

And thank you for the compliment.

Very Cool! Got a small slice of it a few weeks back at a cenote in MX..loved it!
Don't think I will ever see this kind of stuff though..thanks for sharing.

Ok, got an answer on the Mako's. They are stock. Not rewound 750rpm motors. They average about 100' per minute in Ginnie.

Cool video. The music made me keep expecting the THING to come out of a side passage and eat them.

Ok, got an answer on the Mako's. They are stock. Not rewound 750rpm motors. They average about 100' per minute in Ginnie.

Thanks James. I have one just like the blue one and would not of thought it would have pulled me into the flow. Thanks again for sharing and finding out the info on the Makos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom