Video lights with burst mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chiggins

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking invest in some better lighting and interested to hear experiences with video lights that have a burst mode. Currently I'm using the TG-5's internal flash and 2 generic Chinese video lights that are several years old and not all that bright. I guess they are better than nothing but it's time to upgrade. My primarily goal is to keep down the size and weight of my gear; I'm always space restricted and wont have room to take both video lights and strobes. If it exists, a 2-in-1 would be ideal.
From the specs and sales info online, it looks like a few models have a burst that can be triggered from the fiber optic port. For those that have used them, is the burst suitable enough for macro? Would you recommend them over a normal (constant) video light?

Kraken Weefine 3000 light ring
iDive Symbiosis SS-3 - Looks promising but still pre-order
Kraken 2500 Macro
Other recommendations??

Here are a couple videos from my "pusher". The SS3 looks sweetly promising.

Indeed, that does look promising. Thanks for sharing! Wish I could find a release date for the USA.

I have the Weefine ring light with the TG-5. I have not been able to effectively use the strobe mode as I'm unable to stop down enough to adjust for the increase in light coming with the strobe firing 3000lm vs the low intensity focus light.

Still great in constant light mode at 1800lm.

The SS3 is not just an LED with burst, it actually has a flash tube too. The Kraken ringlight is great for macro.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom