Video light on movie mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunkarm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

Should i use a videolights if i wanna use the compact digital camera on a movie mode the whole time? If so , which dive lights recommended.

UK Light Canon with the diffuser is a good budget option. Else you're looking at big bucks video lights which may be more than you need for occasional short video clips.

should i use videolight instead of strobe as well for still pictures? I already have UWKineticks D$, how do u install it onto the arm?

A good HID light can offer some dramatic lighting effects for stills, but I wouldn't consider it to be a complete replacement for a strobe. I think the UK D series lights are halogen bulbs, which will not give you good color... the light put out by Halogen is too yellow.

As for attachment methods, that depends on who makes your arm. ULCS makes some attachments that connect UK lights to their arm systems, but I don't know which other manufacturers make them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom