Video from the Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vjongene

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
For those of you with decent broadband access, I have posted an MPEG movie (30 min, 350 MB) that my son made during a cruise to the Brothers islands off the Egyptian coast.

Hope this is the right forum for this...

Here is the URL: http://ludwig-sun1.unil.ch/~vjongene/scuba/Brothers/Movie/Brothers.mpeg

Enjoy!

Victor J.

PS: if you have a recent version of Media Player it will buffer the video stream and you can watch in real time - no need to download the whole thing!

AWESOME Video!!!
What sort of equipment did you use? What editing software did you use for the titles and transitions? Looks like a good trip!!!

Thanks!!!

Well I do have DSL but have no luck in viewing your clip...shucks :frown:

You may want to try right-clicking the link and choose "Save taget as..." as it will download it to your PC... you'll need patience though if you don't have any sort of high speed access...

The video was filmed using a standard Sony Digital 8 camera (TRV-330) in an Amphibico Dive Buddy Plus housing. A red filter was used for many of the scenes. A hand-held HID light was used occasionally, mostly beyond 20 m depth and in the wrecks. Editing was done using Pinnacle Studio 8, really low-end software but adequate for the job.

The trip was truly excellent: Brothers Islands, Daedalus Reef, Elphinstone... Mostly sheer walls falling into the abyss, and moderate to strong currents.

Just tried it from home, where I also have DSL. The video comes out a bit choppy, but viewable. As boney said, it is also possible to download it. On a 1.2 Mbit/s link (which is what my ISP offers) it will take 30-40 min.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom