Video from our dive adventures in Kona

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GFuterfas

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I dove in and around Kona last week and had a fantastic adventure. I'd like to share the link to the video we shot, which includes footage from shore diving and a Manta Night Dive (through Kona Diving Company -- highly recommended!). We shore dove Honaunau Place of Refuge (2-Step) and in Puako.

Kona, HI Scuba Diving - Sharon and Graham Futerfas - YouTube

Shot with a Canon PowerShot S110 in Ikelite housing and Wide Converter lens.

Thanks for watching. Enjoy!

Reactions: mer
I loved that bit with the eel on the night dive!! We'll be there next summer getting my oldest his jr ow.

Wow -- I am so envious of your manta dive! When we did it, not a single manta showed up. I also want one of those fancy hoods!

On a more serious note, it is a pure pleasure, both to see such nice diving, and to see folks trained the way we are just having pure fun, single tank diving.

Thanks Lynne, and everyone for your kind comments. The Manta's were a real treat and all the lights in the water made it even more spectacular.

The best dive sites we did were 40 minutes north in Puako where we saw the turtles and the HumuHumu-NukuNuku-Apua'a. I looked and looked for that HumuHumu and finally saw him in Puako. Also had the nice swim-throughs there and saw a free-swimming Manta but my camera battery had died. We did the End of the Road park site and then right up the street to Telephone Pole 120. Easily could have brought a third tank with us that day.

To the south, 2-Step\Honaunau is popular and a nice site but gets crowded with Snorkelers very quickly. Bring sturdy booties to walk over the sharp lava rocks and small boulders at these sites. Mine were OK but my wife's booties were thin and hurt her feet.

Kona was a pleasure to visit. Didn't have to leave the US, it's just as close to us as the Caribbean, and didn't get bitten by any bugs! Also visited the Ocean Rider Seahorse Farm for an expensive but unique and informative tour (the money goes to a good cause) and took a free tour and tasting at a coffee farm (Greenwell Farms on the way to Honaunau).

Thanks for watching and enjoying our video!
-Graham

Thanks for sharing. It brought back so many good memories. Great video.

Great video Graham. Thanks for sharing! I will (eventually) pull some clips from my manta video of you guys, got some great stuff. Great seeing you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom