Video: Another Great Trip to Caño Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice video! Thanks for posting. I am heading to CR this July and planning a few days of diving by Cano Island and Bat Island. Seeing the whale in the video just upped my excitement!!

What dive shop did you use and would you recommend them?

Cano Island was an epic dive site! I went 3 years ago, saw giant mantas, sharks, turtles galore.
I stayed at Hotel Jinetes De Osa they have their own dive shop and dive boats.
One of the best dive sites I have been to!

I've used Costa Rica Dive and Surf out of Uvita twice and would use them again for sure.
I used those guys as well. There's basically 2 ways to get to Cano Island, either from Drake Bay or Uvita.
Drake Bay is a shorter boat ride, but a bit harder to get to(flight or 4x4 road trip for the last 1.5hrs off the main hwy, several in water river crossings.)

Ended up using Costa Rica Adventure Divers in Drake Bay, a very good operation that I'd recommend, but given the wildlife viewing options on land, it was an easy decision to limit my diving to one day. Diving wasn't bad - 2 kinds of turtles, 2 kinds of rays, 2 kinds of eels, and white tips were the highlights, but the land options in and around Drake Bay are world class. Might've felt differently about diving if we'd gone to Bajo del Diablo or if going was guaranteed another day, but that's apparently always a game time decision based on currents and experience level of people on the boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom