Victoria dive site recommendations and/or tour guides wanted - Sep 20-25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChevaYEA

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello Victoria divers,

A couple of us from The Perfect Dive are coming up from the Puget Sound to Victoria from Sep. 20-25 to add some more locations to The Perfect Dive website, take some pictures and check out some of the great spots we’ve heard so much about. We have a charter planned to Race Rocks on Wednesday the 24th with Ogden Point and we’ll be bringing our dive kayaks with us for any sites that call for them.

We would love to get some Must-Do’s from the locals there and we would love company. We’ll be diving around the clock so let us know if you are interested in joining us. Otherwise, let us know where we should go and dive!

Thanks!

Jeremy Chevalier (ChevaYEA!)

Also try Ten Mile Pt, it a shore dive but the life is amazing, make sure you check the tide table first.
There is also some nice dive in The Saanich Inlet not as much life there but still some pretty good diving.

Willis Pt nice deep wall. (shore dive)
McCurdy Pt Some sponge cloud and deep wall. (Boat Dive)
Xmas PT Sponges and Deep wall. (Boat Dive)
Senanus Island lots of cloud sponge. (Boat Dive)

Good luck with your trip.

Cheers

Al

the 20th at 4 pm is a good time to dive 10 mile. should be almost no current for about 3 hours

Sunday Divers dive club would be happy to help you out. How about some boat dives no charge
to inlet sites or (weather permitting) sites near Sidney. There are some good shore dives too depending on what you're into. Our club meets and dives every Sunday and there's always room for more! My cell is 250-896-0688 Burt.We have a facebook group called 'sunday divers' join up and we'll figure it out from there!

Thanks for the suggestions guys! We can't wait to get there. I heard rumors of a dive park with loads of reef balls. Does anyone have info on that one?

Sunday Diver - Thanks for the invite. We may take you up on it!

Also try Ten Mile Pt, it a shore dive but the life is amazing, make sure you check the tide table first.
There is also some nice dive in The Saanich Inlet not as much life there but still some pretty good diving.

Willis Pt nice deep wall. (shore dive)
McCurdy Pt Some sponge cloud and deep wall. (Boat Dive)
Xmas PT Sponges and Deep wall. (Boat Dive)
Senanus Island lots of cloud sponge. (Boat Dive)

Good luck with your trip.

Cheers

Al
I haven't heard of McCurdy Pt or Senanus Island. Where are those ones located?

10 Mile and x-mas are now on the list. Thanks!

I haven't heard of McCurdy Pt or Senanus Island. Where are those ones located?

10 Mile and x-mas are now on the list. Thanks!

Both McCurdy PT and Senanus Island are in the Saanich Inlet, very close to each other. Both location have buoy so they are easy to locate. Also the White Lady is another good dive in the inlet.

Al

Here for some info on these dive site and others.

index

Thanks for the suggestions guys! We can't wait to get there. I heard rumors of a dive park with loads of reef balls. Does anyone have info on that one?

Sunday Diver - Thanks for the invite. We may take you up on it!

Your probably thinking about the Sidney Reef Balls. It's a short dive off the end of Beacon Ave in Sidney.. They've sunk a couple of dozen reef balls in about 15-25 feet of water to make an artificial reef.. It's pretty cool swimming over them and looking inside the holes for life.. Honestly, I've done it 5 times now but there are much better dives up in that area.. But it makes for a nice shallow photography dive.
Also in that area is the Mystery Wreck and Setchel Point.. (One of my favorite shore dives).. (Also the hooded nudibranchs are in full swing up there right now)

Do a search for the Sidney Reef Balls and you should get a few good hits and info on how to dive it.

I own the company that builds the reefballs and there are actually several hundred of them out in front of Sidney. There will also soon be a couple hundred off of Ogden Point.Winter is best for viewing them as they are completely covered in kelp and seaweed the rest of the year.They were installed to remediate the seafloor in the area as it used to be the town dump.It's been extremely successful in that regard and is an incredible nursery for all types of sealife. Depths are from 15' out to 35'. Soon we will be expanding the reef to include a memorial reef with each reefball containing cremated remains this could add many hundreds more. For great details see Reef Ball Foundation Designed Artificial Reefs or www.Canadianreefstructures.com

Back
Top Bottom