Veterans Reef Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jokerswild

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Good Evening All-
A few buddies and myself are planning on heading out to the Vet's this coming Friday 5/12, and was wondering if anyone else out there with a boat might be interested in convoying out there. My boat is full, but additional divers and boats are always welcome. Plan is to meet at the clearwater munincipal marina at 11am and head out - knock out an hour of diving, then hit a bar/grill for lunch, and head back afterwards. If interested please post.

Nick

Hi Nick,

Sorry, gotta work for a living and it's too far north to economically move the battleship. (south end of Tampa Bay)

Rich

Greetings Nick,
I took off Tuesday... can't afford to be away from work that long..

Thanks for the invite

jokerswild:
Good Evening All-
A few buddies and myself are planning on heading out to the Vet's this coming Friday 5/12, and was wondering if anyone else out there with a boat might be interested in convoying out there. My boat is full, but additional divers and boats are always welcome. Plan is to meet at the clearwater munincipal marina at 11am and head out - knock out an hour of diving, then hit a bar/grill for lunch, and head back afterwards. If interested please post.

Nick

I could do that if I had, humm, maybe 2 divers going with me.
Only I don't know that area at all, clearwater that is.

Joker, Can't make it out with you, In case you've never been, There is a yellow bouy on site. anchor so that the bouy is at your 3 o'clock, and about 40 feet out and the city scape is at your - between - 8 and 11 oclock. You should be directly over the pyramid with the plack, and the main large barges will be directly in front of you near your anchor. If you drop straight down and head towards the bouy you'll hit the prefabbed fish devices, or whatever they call them. Vis should be top to bottom, and 20 to 30 horizontal. The alge is starting to get thick, and the barracuda are real friendly.

Safe diving.

Dave.

Sorry for leaving everyone hanging, i need to check back more often. But since the winds are going to blowing pretty good today, we scrapped the gulf trip and decided to hit hudson grotto. Hopefully the next planned trip will not fall apart like this one.

Out.

jokerswild:
Sorry for leaving everyone hanging, i need to check back more often. But since the winds are going to blowing pretty good today, we scrapped the gulf trip and decided to hit hudson grotto. Hopefully the next planned trip will not fall apart like this one.

Out.

I too find myself hitting the grotto way too much because of bad weather on the Gulf. I have it on good authority that from about now until December, thats the way it go's Gulf diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom