Veteran with Advanced Degree Looking for More Fulfilling Work

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Cosmicist

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
As the title states, I am a veteran with an advanced degree looking for professional work within the dive industry. I have extensive project management experience both in the US and overseas,, and experience in investigations and research. I am a highly adaptive, objective, and open-minded by nature.

I am currently employed full-time as a project manager and am grateful for the position, but it's not where my heart lies. I'm open to opportunities within the US and Europe and it can't hurt to ask!

I would be happy to provide personal contact information through DM and/or a resume if requested.

Thanks for the consideration.

-The Cosmicist

Good luck and I wish you well sir.
It was my experience as a 20+ year veteran looking at a civie job years ago I was told "you are overqualified for the job" [or words to that affect] and I would 'move on' blah, blah , I am thinking 'he/she feels threatened', who knows?
The more civilians I met looking for work, the more I liked my neighbours cat, and I don't like cats.

Best civilian job I had was starting my own [dive boat charter] , not as much money but happy.
The world may have moved on [dream on].
B.Z.

KonaShoreDivers.com
CG Lee,

Thanks for sending me the link! I'll send you a PM regarding your company.

Good luck and I wish you well sir.
It was my experience as a 20+ year veteran looking at a civie job years ago I was told "you are overqualified for the job" [or words to that affect] and I would 'move on' blah, blah , I am thinking 'he/she feels threatened', who knows?
The more civilians I met looking for work, the more I liked my neighbours cat, and I don't like cats.

Best civilian job I had was starting my own [dive boat charter] , not as much money but happy.
The world may have moved on [dream on].
B.Z.
Thanks very much, B.Z. I've heard that same phrase a few times, actually! That's what I'm looking for, though. Something that's happy and supports the family.

On it, thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom